Sunday, April 25, 2010

Big Sister

They do fight -- after all, Faith is only a preschooler; but she is fiercely protective over both Joy and Peace -- even from me!

We were at the playground today.  Joy was sitting alone on a swing far away from the rest of us.  I casually remarked that Joy is waiting for someone to help her push the swing.  Faith ran right across the playground and pushed the swing for her!  As she was swinging her little sister, she said, 'Remember?  Swing your legs up...and down...up...and down...'  That's what I say to teach them how to swing themselves. :)

Whenever I disciplined Joy, she'd jump to her defense.  She'd say, 'Mommy, she's a baby.'  I'm attempting further to explain the need to discipline.  That we need to help her to change because we love her.  As I reflect, thank God for such interruptions from her.  My anger gets reigned in so that I do not damage rather than disciple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker