Thursday, January 29, 2009

About Jesus

Faith cried again when we announced bedtime tonight. :( She's already been so much better since we prayed through and cleansed this apartment we've moved to recently. I suspect her anxiety has to do with daddy trying to complete his work at home...maybe she just doesn't want to sleep because she hasn't had enough of him yet. :(

Anyway...so I talked to her, comforted her and carried her to bed. As always, when she heard the children's praise CD I had started playing in the room to prepare for their bedtime, she calmed down. When she saw the children's daily devotion I placed on the bed, she just picked it up and sat in my lap, waiting for me to read to her. Daddy and I was intending to start reading it to her every night but we haven't. As I read the short devotions to her, she kept saying, 'Jesus...about Jesus...it's about Jesus...' I was reading short bible verses from the devotional aloud -- but nothing said Jesus!

Don't ask me. I was in awe again of how special God has made each one of us. :) I have been reminded again to rest in the knowledge that our children belong to God and I must remember to lay down my weaknesses and parenting burdens at God's feet too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker